Voltaire in my opinion is a great artist. yes I know, two out of two reviews I like the artists. But so few people know about him I think he deserves a review.
His music is quite different from the mass amount floating around out there. It is often described as dark cabaret or darkwave. Sometimes referred to as gothic folk music. It usually always includes a variety of instruments such as the violin. I love the violin, its my favourite instrument, second being the guitar.
Instead of reviewing one of his Cd's I am reviewing his whole body of music. From The Devils Bris is 1998 to ooky spooky in 2007. Voltaires music may take a bit of adjustment when first heard as it really is unique, but its definitely a great listen. He has a great voice and it suits the instrumental background of his music, they blend together perfectly, at least in my opinion. Voltaire himself plays the guitar while other band members play the various other instruments such as the violin, bass, piano, cello, trumpet, clarinet, and drums. Its music you will really fall in love with. So much sounds the sound these days you need something different in your ears.
Voltaires music has also been on TV in such shows as Billy And Mandy. He also is in another band called The Oddz. You should check them out as well. Anyways. 5 out of 5. I promise next time to review someone I hate....I promise. Sorry for the short post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment