Friday, January 25, 2008

Avril Lavigne

Again I am doing the whole body of work and not just one cd.

The Hatred I hold for her is like no other. PUNK MUSIC CANNOT BE POP MUSIC. Dear Deity! Punk princess? Ugh. If there's one thing I hate its "soft punk" or "pop punk" . Honestly. There's no such thing as soft punk, you're either punk or you're not. Its an oxymoron. Shes pop music just like Britney Spears. There's nothing punk about this girl.

Shes just cashing in on the latest wave of factory produced crap. Her music is just the same bubblegum pop people have been selling for decades recycled and repackaged for a new generation of clones. Its second-hand music. Hell, its more like fifth-hand music. Her lyrics are even usually taken from other songs and redressed!

Really there's nothing good to say about it. There's nothing artistic or soulful about it. There's nothing intelligent about it. But hey if you like bubble gum pop, shes the perfect artist for you to buy into it. If you have taste..you'll spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere. I give her a 1 out of 5. Again this is all just MY opinion. You can think for yourself.

No comments: